Velvet Sectional Sofa—relax Yourself
What is a sectional sofa?
A modern sectional sofa is a multi-seat chair with cushions. The armchair with spring or thick foam plastic is a kind of soft furniture with armrests on both sides. For example, Velvet sectional sofas, reclining sectional sofas, and sleeper sectional sofas.
What's the classification of the sofa?
1. Chinese sofa
It emphasizes that it is warm in winter and cool in summer, suitable for all seasons. The whole exposed solid wood frame characterizes the Chinese-style sofa. The upper sponge seat cushion can be replaced as required. This flexible way makes the Chinese sofa popular with many people: warm in winter and cool in summer, convenient and practical. Some of the materials are solid wood, which is resistant to moisture and is the first choice for coastal cities. For example, either sectional sofa, modular sectional sofa, or sectional sofa bad.
2. European-style sofa
Simple lines, suitable for the modern home. The European style sofa is characterized by its modern style, elegant color, and simple lines, which are suitable for most families. This sofa is also suitable for a wide range of living rooms. In the 21st century, light-colored sofas such as white and beige are more popular. For example, velvet sectional sofas, sectional sofa covers, and cloud sectional sofas.
3. American sofa
American-style sofa mainly emphasizes comfort, which makes people feel like they are being gently embraced, but it covers a lot of lands. In 2003, many sofa manufacturing processes no longer used springs but were all made of the main frame and sponges with different hardness. However, many traditional American sofa bases would not give up springs to save time and effort but would still use the design of springs and sponges, which made this sofa very durable. For example, sectional sofas with chaises, exterior sectional sofas, and beige sectional sofas.
4. Japanese sofa
Emphasize naturalness and simplicity. The biggest feature of the Japanese style sofa is its fortification, like a wooden handrail and straightforward design. This sofa is most suitable for people who advocate a natural and simple home style. The compact Japanese-style sofa reveals a strict attitude towards life. Therefore, Japanese-style sofas are often used in some workplaces. For example, blue sectional sofa, white sectional sofa, and pit sectional sofa.
How to maintain the velvet sectional sofa?
1. Vacuum at least once a week. Pay attention to removing dead corners and dust between fabric structures.
2. If you can turn the cushion over for conversion, it should be turned over once a week to distribute the wear evenly. You can also often take the mat from the outside to beat, loosen the internal fiber, and keep the elasticity of the velvet sectional sofa.
3. If there is any stain, it can be wiped off with a clean rag dipped in water. To avoid leaving a mark, it is better to wipe it from the surface of the stain. You shall not stain velvet furniture with water or use a dry cleaning agent.
4. All cloth covers and bushes shall be cleaned by dry cleaning, not by water washing, and bleaching is prohibited. 5. If the thread ends are loose, do not break them by hand and cut them neatly with scissors.
5. The velvet sectional sofa easily accumulates dust, so it is necessary to regularly use a vacuum cleaner and other tools to remove dust. Still, the brush head should not be close to the velvet sectional sofa surface to avoid leaving dirt on the cloth surface or hooking up the thread ends of the cloth.
6. The abrasion resistance of the velvet sectional sofa is not as good as that of the leather sectional sofa, so it should be avoided to sit in the same position frequently. Once the hairballs are raised, you can remove them with small scissors, shavers, or hairball removers.
7. If it is stained with dirt, it can be locally scrubbed with clean water; If it is a detachable sofa, you can disassemble it, turn the inside out, use detergent or detergent to soak a sponge to clean it locally, and then rinse it with clean water; However, you should pay attention to whether the cloth is suitable for washing. It should be disassembled and cleaned regularly for about half a year if it is suitable for washing.
8. you shall spray new cloth covers with antifouling and cleaning agents to prevent contamination and dust.
How to clean the velvet sectional sofa?
1. Move the velvet sectional sofa out of the room and pat the suede leather gently with a small wooden stick. You will knock off some floating dust on the velvet sectional sofa.
2. When cleaning the velvet sectional sofa indoors, soak a large piece of clean towel in the water mixed with vinegar. After wringing the wet towel dry, spread it on the flannelette sofa, tap it gently with a wooden stick, and you will absorb the dust on the wet towel. Be careful not to use a lot of water to scrub to prevent water from seeping into the inner layer of the sofa, causing the inner frame of the velvet sectional sofa to be affected by damp, deformed, and easy-to-breed mold.
3. Use transparent wide tape to stick on the velvet sectional sofa where there is dust. Remove the tape gently, and dust will stick to the tape. Of course, this method is more suitable for local adhesion with a lot of dust, which is slightly more troublesome than the first two methods.
4. The dust removal effect of the vacuum cleaner will be very good, but do not use the suction brush to prevent damage to the braided line on the textile. It would be best if you avoided additional suction. Otherwise, the braid may be torn off. you can install a flat suction head on the vacuum cleaner to adjust the suction to medium strength and remove dust from the slit of the velvet sectional sofa. The armrests, cushions, and gaps of the velvet sectional sofa are all important parts to be cleaned.
5. Mix a small amount of baking soda with water for the common stains on the velvet sectional sofa, such as orange juice or acid juice. Wipe the sofa surface with a clean, soft cloth dipped in baking soda solution to remove dirt, and then wait for it to dry naturally.
If stubborn stains are too difficult to clean, add a few drops of household detergent and ammonia water to dilute with clean water, and then gently wipe with a soft brush dipped in the mixed solution. You should pay attention to the moderate intensity of cleaning the flannel sofa. Excessive force will damage the surface of the velvet sectional sofa.
A velvet sectional sofa usually feels good and dustproof. However, static electricity is easily generated, and cleaning is more troublesome. use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust in daily life. If there is any stain, it should be cleaned according to the stain.
What details should I pay attention to when choosing a sofa?
1. Pay attention to the frame of the sofa
The sofa frame's quality directly determines the sofa's service life and comfort. When choosing a sofa, you can check whether the frame structure of the sofa is firm.
You can use both hands to repeatedly and forcefully shake the whole sofa back and forth, left and right. If you feel strong and there is no abnormal noise, the sofa's frame is firm.
Then look at the part under the sofa bottom cloth, which can not appear rot, moth-eaten, scar, burr, or other phenomena.
2. Pay attention to the comfort of the sofa
As a place for leisure and relaxation, the comfort of a sofa is necessary. So when buying, you can personally feel the feeling of the sofa and whether it can make you feel comfortable.
Note: A sofa that is too hard will cause muscle soreness if you sit for a long time, while a sofa that is too soft will make you feel uncomfortable if you sit for a long time.
3. Pay attention to the cushion of the sofa
The bottom surface of the high-end sofa seat and back mostly adopts a nylon belt and snake spring cross mesh structure, and the upper layer is paved with high elastic foam, glue-spraying cotton, and light foam. This cushion has good resilience and makes it comfortable sitting.
Medium-grade sofas are mostly made of rubber-pressed fiberboard as the base plate and the back plate, which are layered with medium-density foam and glue-sprayed cotton. This cushion has a hard sitting feeling, and its resilience is slightly poor.
So when choosing the sofa, you must pay attention to the sofa's cushion. Generally, the sofa's cushion should be about 10 cm deep after the human body sits down.
What are the tips for purchasing sofas?
1. Information search
The styles of sofas are different. If you go to the furniture market to purchase directly, you may be fascinated by the vast world of sofas. Therefore, to stay awake, you can search for information about sofas on the Internet before you go to the furniture market to determine the basic style you need.
2. Determine the style
Generally, the purchase of sofas is made after the decoration. The style is quite obvious. You can determine the style of the sofa according to your decoration style. It is recommended to choose a sofa matching the decoration style as much as possible so that the space is unified and looks comfortable.
3. Determine sofa fabric
This is a very critical step. There are a lot of sofa fabrics on the market now. The performance of different fabrics is quite different, and each has its advantages and disadvantages. But in a word, we must choose the fabric sectional sofa with good dirt resistance, easy cleaning, and wear resistance.
4. Determine the brand price
Brands can be classified into different grades. Generally, the bigger the brand, the higher its price. So when choosing, don't blindly pursue the brand, but look at the real thing. You can choose a variety of sofa brands for comparison and selection, and finally, choose the one with the most cost-effective.
Selection of fabric sofa
1. The cotton sofa fabric is soft, breathable, natural, environmentally friendly, and very close to the skin. It is the style with the highest market share at present. Rustic style is the most commonly used cotton sofa.
Features: cheap, the most colorful, but poor elasticity, easy to wrinkle, easy to dye, poor wear resistance.
Tip: Generally, it makes users feel soft and thick, and the color is natural and even.
Maintenance: Hand washing and machine washing are OK, and drying after ironing is an essential link. To avoid shrinkage, sending it to a professional laundry for dry cleaning is best, which can effectively reduce the risk of shrinkage deformation.
2. The most beautiful thing about linen sofas is their good thermal conductivity. Even in hot summer, there is no need to worry about sweating.
Features: wear-resistant, not easy to fold, not fade, not generate static electricity, and not mildew in wet places.
Prompt: The key indicator for evaluating the quality is whether the surface is flat and free of thread. To make the linen sofa softer, you can choose the cotton linen sofa with higher cotton content.
Maintenance: As there is a gap on the cloth surface, it is often necessary to use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust from corners and cloth gaps. To avoid shrinking, it is recommended to send it to a professional dry cleaner for cleaning.
3. The most impressive thing about the velvet sectional sofa is its delicate and soft fabric. From past corduroy to suede leather, the velvet sectional sofa has changed its identity. Compared with other fabrics, velvet sofa is expensive, and the best is flannel.
Features: velvet sectional sofa has a fashionable appearance, good color rendering effect, dustproof, antifouling, and other advantages, but easy to generate static electricity.
Tip: Before purchasing a velvet sectional sofa, you can touch it back and forth. If there is no obvious discoloration, it is a good fabric. The denser the short velvet flannel, the better, and the thicker the cloth, the better.