Best Bathroom Cabinets for You
What is a bathroom cabinet?
Bathroom cabinet: A cabinet for storing articles in a bathroom. Its surface materials can be divided into natural stone, jade, artificial stone, fireproof board, baking varnish, glass, metal, and solid wood. The base material is the main body of the bathroom cabinet, which is covered by the surface material. The base material determines the quality and price of the bathroom cabinet. When carrying, the bathroom storage cabinet should be lifted and placed gently, not dragged hard; When placing, the ground is uneven, and the legs should be firmly padded.
How to carry out daily maintenance of bathroom cabinets?
1. When carrying the bathroom cabinet, it should be lifted and placed gently, not dragged; When placing it, the ground is uneven Legs are well padded;
2. Do not expose the bathroom wall cabinet to the sun, nor place it too much in a dry place, but in a place with proper ventilation;
3. The cabinet for the bathroom has cracks, which can be embedded and blocked after mixing with paint and pigment to keep it intact for a long time, but the putty and pigment should have the same color as the original pigment to avoid leaving scars;
Burn marks: Burn marks left by fireworks on the bathroom cabinet. If the paint is burnt, wrap a layer of fine grain hard cloth on the toothpick, gently wipe the marks, and then apply a thin vinegar to eliminate the burn marks.
Burn mark: there is a white burn mark left on the bathroom cabinet, which you can wipe with a cloth as long as it is wetted with alcohol and kerosene.
Watermark: the mark on the corner bathroom cabinet is covered with a wet cloth. Press the wet cloth carefully with an electric iron, and the mark will disappear.
Scratches: If the paint surface of the bathroom cabinet sink is scratched and does not touch wood under the paint, you can use crayons or pigments with the same color as the cabinet to smear on the wound surface of the cabinet to cover the exposed background color, and then apply a thin layer of transparent nail polish.
4. Frequently use a soft cloth to remove dust from the bathroom cabinet. Before removing the dust, apply some spray detergent to the soft cloth. Do not use a dry cloth to wipe it;
5. Regular waxing: every 6 to 12 months, apply a layer of paste wax to the bathroom cabinet;
Remove watermark: use clean absorbent paper to spread on the water stain on the bathroom cabinet with the sink, press it with a heating iron, or use toothpaste to smear it, and then wipe it dry and wax it.
Remove white marks: smear the mixture of soot and lemon juice with a cloth, wipe it dry and wax it.
6. Daily cleaning of bathroom cabinet: ceramic basin can be cleaned with clean water, detergent, soapy water, etc.;
7. Scratch treatment of ceramic basin of small bathroom cabinet: The surface of the ceramic basin should be kept clean frequently, and you should clean one side of the abraded surface in time with dust and sand. When scratches appear on the surface of the ceramic basin, you can apply a little toothpaste to the scratches and use a soft dry cloth to wipe repeatedly. Waxing can make the surface of the home depot bathroom cabinet smooth as new.
Due to the environment in which the bathroom cabinet is located, it is often exposed to water, and the environment is relatively humid. Compared with cabinets for other purposes, the bathroom cabinet needs more attention in maintenance. You should pay more attention to details to make the bathroom cabinet have a long service life.
How to prevent moisture in the bathroom cabinet?
First, when we choose the hanging bathroom cabinet, we can't just look at the product's appearance and shape—the bathroom cabinet's interior and back.
You should also pay attention to the surface. The surface of the bathroom cabinet is coated with special waterproof paint, which is easy to wipe if splashed with water. However, if the back and interior of the bathroom cabinet are splashed with water, it will not be easily wiped off and may corrode the materials. Many bathroom cabinet manufacturers will do waterproof treatment on the back of the bathroom towel cabinet. It is better to have such protection.
Second, keep the air circulation in the bathroom. No matter what kind of material the narrow bathroom cabinet is made of, it will inevitably be eroded in a humid environment for a long time. Even if the brand and quality of the tall bathroom storage cabinet are good, we should pay more attention to cleanliness. If you want to prolong the service life of the bathroom cabinet, keep the air circulation in the bathroom and the floor dry.
Third, the size and shape of the bathroom wall mount cabinet. The purchase of bathroom cabinets should be based on the size and decoration style of our bathroom space, and then confirm the purchase. Reasonable space reservation not only brings convenience to our daily bath but also benefits other articles in the bathroom space.
What are the cabinet materials?
1. Solid wood refers to the solid wood after distillation and dehydration as the base material, which is processed through N waterproof treatment processes
The cabinet body. The countertop (or basin) can be made of glass, ceramics, stone, artificial stone, and the same materials as the cabinet. It is characterized by natural style, simplicity, elegance, and dignity, which can fully reflect the owner's household grade and dignity. After multiple waterproof processes and painting processes, the waterproof performance is very good. However, the biggest disadvantage of the solid wood cabinet is that it is easy to crack if the environment is very dry (such as the air conditioner vent or itself is naturally dry, such as Xinjiang, etc.), so it is often wiped inside and outside with a damp cotton rag during maintenance.
2. Ceramic refers to the cabinet body made of the ceramic body directly fired according to the mold, and the table surface is generally ceramic. It is easy to take care of and can fully reflect the clean and bright rhythm of the owner. However, ceramics are fragile items and are easy to be damaged if hit by heavy objects.
3. For density boards, the cabinet body is made with density boards as the base material, and then the waterproof treatment is carried out. The quality difference is that the waterproof treatment process sequence is quite different: first, blanking, then waterproofing, and finally, the cabinet body is the best. Waterproofing shall be carried out first, then blanking, and finally, the cabinet body shall be fabricated. Finally, waterproofing is deceptive. For the first type of material, the waterproof performance of all six sides of the cut material is the best. Still, it is difficult to customize the size, and on-site cutting cannot damage the cabinet structure. Otherwise, you will damage the waterproof performance and shorten the product's life.
4. Acrylic products must be processed according to the mold. First, you shall soften the acrylic materials at high temperature, and then you shall process the cabinets of various styles according to the mold shape; This kind of product is also waterproof, but its nature is very fragile and easy to produce scratches and cracks
5. For PVC, the cabinet can be made according to wood processing technology. The raw material of the cabinet is PVC skinned foam board, and the tabletop is similar to solid wood. It is characterized by good waterproof performance, and the color gloss of the baking varnish is bright, which is suitable for fashionable and avant-garde consumers. However, the PVC board will have stress deformation when subjected to gravity, and you cannot recover it after a long time. Therefore, the basin that this type of cabinet body generally bears is not large, and the weight is small.
How to purchase the right bathroom cabinet?
Today's bathroom is no longer simply a space for bathing but gradually becomes a place for people to enjoy life and make their bodies and minds.
It is a place to relax completely, so a major trend in contemporary design is that the bathroom has multiple functions.
The bathroom cabinet does not have the same fixed pattern as the kitchen cabinet. You can create a variety of bathroom cabinets anywhere in the bathroom; The utility model can be an angled cabinet, an arc cabinet or a box cabinet, a strip cabinet placed behind the door, or a detachable combined bath cabinet. However, they must echo the overall design of the bathroom. They must be consistent with other facilities in terms of material, color, shape, and size, or they will give people a feeling of gilding the lily.
You can design bath cabinets of different specifications according to different bathroom areas. The traditional bathroom space is small. You can choose a single cabinet combined with the mirror or a hanging cabinet suitable for the corner of the wall. In addition, under the mirror's edge, a small multi-treasure grid is embedded, which does not affect the original space and does not need to replace the basic equipment, so small bathrooms also have sophisticated and practical storage equipment.
Choosing materials (including surface and base materials) is important when purchasing bath cabinets. Bathroom cabinet surface materials are roughly divided into natural stone, artificial stone, fireproof board, paint baking board, glass, metal, and solid wood. Some bath cabinets of formal manufacturers in the building materials market are connected ceramic basin bath cabinets, and the cabinet body is made of pure solid wood or molded moisture proof board. These products have many advantages, including scratch resistance and no spots; It will not crack due to the sudden change in water temperature; The glaze is smooth and easy to clean; The moisture proof board cabinet body is not easy to deform in a humid environment, and is moisture resistant and crack resistant; High grade molded surface treatment of the cabinet body will not change color over time.
2. Combination form
According to the installation form, bathroom furniture mainly includes floor and wall types. The floor type is suitable for modern bathrooms with large spaces and dry and wet separation. The biggest advantage of the wall-type design is space-saving, easy to take care of, and eliminates the dead corner of sanitation. It makes good space division by setting several elements, such as a shelf, locker, floor cabinet, etc., to effectively increase the storage function of bathroom furniture and make the functions of washing, making up, and changing clothes tend to be separated.
3. Color and collocation
The color of the bath cabinet is more diversified, and the light color bath cabinet is still the mainstream. The pure white bath cabinet creates the elegance and neatness of the bathroom, which is bright and beautiful, revealing comfort and peace. The full color is seamlessly combined with the white of the ceramic basin. Elegant colors make you feel as if you are in a peaceful world. After a complicated life, you can enter this space to enjoy the natural freshness. All the disturbances are gone in a moment, and you are at ease. In addition, the transparent mirror can bring a cool feeling.
The bath cabinet has four styles: avant-garde playing cool, nostalgic classical, naturally fresh, and modern classical. The avant-garde cool bath cabinet is based on a simple design style, and the bold color is popular with many young people. The nostalgic classical bath cabinet has a Chinese classical art aesthetic feeling. It is better to decorate the bathroom with an anti-corrosion floor, which is more harmonious. The natural and fresh bath cabinet is a mainstream fashionable bath cabinet. The fresh and clean white makes the bathroom as fresh as the forest after rain. Modernist classical bath cabinet integrates modern elements into classical charm. It does not paint wood color into antique furniture color but uses dark wood materials, such as walnut; Its lines are simple and smooth, rather than the complicated curves of the European classical school. In terms of accessories, it abandoned the European classical mode and exaggeration and emphasized the most basic storage function of the bathroom cabinet.